Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My car is Corsa D SRI 2012, with 190HP map, Friedrich Motorsport catback, 2.5" downpipe without cat, and secondary cat is delete. Some time ago I was going to check the power my Corsa, and it's 190HP and
188 lb/ft. I think it's not enough torque as remap and full exhuast. 4 weeks ago the car stopped pops from exhaust! From day to day, nothing pops. Even on redline! I also noticed a loss of oil and car smell burn oil. I was checking the turbo and it's doesn't looks good, there is a big loose! The car went to the mechanic, he found a Crankcase ventilation issue, changed the valve cover, but he tell me that turbo is for regeneration. After a few days, I received an information that hot side turbo is broken, additionally an exhaust manifold it's broken. It's possible that my previous problems resulted from bad working turbo? What do you think about that? Now i'm waiting 3 weeks for my car..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Potentially yes. Loss of oil is due to the turbo leaking oil into the engine which burns and produces the burning smell u described.
Also don't know if u know it but its very important that u let the engine warm up before you red line it or els ull be putting another turbo in it soon. Hp u get ur car back soo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have Corsa 7 months. Earlier, she drove in Germany, probably previous owner damaged the turbo, I always warmed up and cooled down. Maybe crankcase ventilation also contributed to turbo issue. Because I have felt uneven idling for some time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts