Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Estimated time to complete: One hour.

Here's a simple one for you all. How to install some boot neon's, just like the ones below.

Firstly, you need to buy a set of neon's. The place I got mine from were eBay from a user called Neonstyling: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/neonstyling. Ideally, you need the ones where you can use indoors, with the two holes either side, so you can screw it to the parcel shelf. I also chose ones with LED's in, rather than a full neon tube, but the choice is yours.

Firstly, you'll get the neon's, and they have a cigarette lighter on, so you can just cut that off.

I wanted mine connected up to the car, and wanted it so that I can take the parcel shelf out if I want, and not have to take the neon's off, so to do this, there's some wire splitter/connectors, which go together, and form a connection, and can be broken when needed. When connected, they look like this:

The way mine's wired up, it's so that when the boot's opened, and the boot light comes on, so does the neon's. To achieve this, some extra wire had to be added to the existing ones, so that it could reach the light. In the picture above, you can see where the wires disappear, this lifts up, and you can feed the wires though, and then past the side panel, like so.

You can make it tidier if you wish, as I'm sure you'll be able to feed it behind the plastic, but I left it as it is.

Now onto the light. On the actual light, there's a positive, and negative, and to find them, you just look on the light, as it's marked on there. The way it's hooked up, is the wires are just wrapped around the metal prings where the bulb's held. You can connect it to anywhere on the light, or maybe even in the black connector on the light.

As you can see, I also changed the boot bulb, to match the neon's.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.