Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the other tutorial rather confusing and ended up doing it this way!
So if you cant work it out with the other method, try this!

Firstly you will see a little indent in the rubber of the wheel, at 4 and 8 o clock positions:

Next, you will have to visualise that the airbag is there as this is my old wheel and im blatently not in the car lol
The airbag is held in with two clips, one on each side...essentially its held in like this:

So with that in mind, stick a flat bladed screwdriver in the hole and push the clip out:

As you are pushing the clip, try and ease that side of the airbag off, so that it doesnt clip back in when you do the other side.
It will come about 1cm away, not much but thats all you need while you do the other side.

So...do the same with the other side and fingers crossed when you unclip it...the airbag should come off!
Dont yank it off for obvious reasons...there are wires behind it...self explanitary this part...disconnect them

Finally...T50 screw in the middle...unscrew it and pull!

Now there are two methods to remove airbag/steering wheel

Again, sorry its not attatched to a car or more to the point...an airbag haha:thumbs:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no worries

i was thinking...how am i gonna do this without an airbag in the picture

i know!!! radio removal key!!!!!!!!

ignore the massive rip on the left hand hole

i initially did that so i could look inside the wheel and see the clip when i first removed it

if you are careful and use a small screwdriver, the hole you make dissappears as the rubber comes back together

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
That's how Haynes describe it, much easier when you can see the inside of the wheel though! Top Fella! :salut:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well you know

they do call me haynes

:look:
honestly

come to think of it, i should really get one of them!
might tell me how to fix my seat handle :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts