Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps whent to get the corsa vxr tonite .and they well up set me the have got one there that i can have from the 23 september but it an ex demo but it only got 33 miles on it. so im buzzing and it was only £14995 with 18" and something to do with a ligth package and more on it.

then i said i want to part ex mine in so they told me they would give £7200
and i thort ok then the monthly payment are £400 a month fucuk me i carnt aford that then with insurace wich is £2000 a year so it would be £530 a month.

then i asked to do it with out part ex mine just buying it it would be 339 a month over 4 years but i dont no were i can sell my D becouse i got finace on.

so for now its gone out the window :cry:

·
Registered
180 Posts
:\
theres no way in this world you will be able to sell the d private if theres
finance oustanding on it unless you settle it,or check with the finance company and ask them is it a personal car loan or hp as a persoanl car loan doesnt register as being on finance and you will be able to sell it straigth away but hp does recoed as being on finanvce and thats wot stops you selling, the worst of all is that you
are still paying the interest on it thats why its a higher settlement and the difference between the settlement and part ex is that they put that difference on top of the new car but most finance companies don`t accept that as your bumping the new car price up more than its worth,thats were you call it negative equity which in your case you have,looks like your stuck with it for atleast another 12 months until you either pay it off or you lose that equity but then your car wud of dropped in value so its really hard to get out of especially if you aint had ya d long.

8) 8)
see in my case i`d have no probs and i cud change ours at anytime as i only owe 4k on our new corsa d that we have only just got.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hi peeps whent to get the corsa vxr tonite .and they well up set me the have got one there that i can have from the 23 september but it an ex demo but it only got 33 miles on it. so im buzzing and it was only £14995 with 18" and something to do with a ligth package and more on it.

then i said i want to part ex mine in so they told me they would give £7200
and i thort ok then the monthly payment are £400 a month fucuk me i carnt aford that then with insurace wich is £2000 a year so it would be £530 a month.

then i asked to do it with out part ex mine just buying it it would be 339 a month over 4 years but i dont no were i can sell my D becouse i got finace on.

so for now its gone out the window :cry:
Shame that :(

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:\
theres no way in this world you will be able to sell the d private if theres
finance oustanding on it unless you settle it,or check with the finance company and ask them is it a personal car loan or hp as a persoanl car loan doesnt register as being on finance and you will be able to sell it straigth away but hp does recoed as being on finanvce and thats wot stops you selling, the worst of all is that you
are still paying the interest on it thats why its a higher settlement and the difference between the settlement and part ex is that they put that difference on top of the new car but most finance companies don`t accept that as your bumping the new car price up more than its worth,thats were you call it negative equity which in your case you have,looks like your stuck with it for atleast another 12 months until you either pay it off or you lose that equity but then your car wud of dropped in value so its really hard to get out of especially if you aint had ya d long.

8) 8)
see in my case i`d have no probs and i cud change ours at anytime as i only owe 4k on our new corsa d that we have only just got.
CHEERS ANDY DO YOU THINK THAT WAS A GOOD OTHER THEY WERE GIVING ME

·
Registered
180 Posts
CHEERS ANDY DO YOU THINK THAT WAS A GOOD OTHER THEY WERE GIVING ME

well the monthly payment doesnt seem right for a start,then really all you have
is £1795 equity between ya part ex of £7200 and settle od £8995 which aint much
really so if that was added to the £14995 then it comes to a total of £16790,have
you asked them if they have the monthly payment correct as it just doesnt sem right
or by the sound of it theres hell of a lot of interest added.

me personally i wouldnt pay all that just for a corsa although its a vxr it soon drop
in value the day it leaves the dealer,you cud get an astra vxr for that sort of money
tbh.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i part ex'd my 1.2 C for my 1.7 C with over 5k of finance on it.. :\ the px value of my 1.2 was 3.5k and the rest was just added onto the cost of my 1.7 C.. so it will seem i've had the car since nearly new rather then 3rd hand :lol:

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
i part ex'd my 1.2 C for my 1.7 C with over 5k of finance on it.. :\ the px value of my 1.2 was 3.5k and the rest was just added onto the cost of my 1.7 C.. so it will seem i've had the car since nearly new rather then 3rd hand :lol:
I done the same.

I owed £7,500 on my Corsa-C, and I got £6,500 from it, so the rest went onto the D's finance.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Different PX a car with finance on it to selling it with finance on it.

Can get better deal on a demo than that lanny btw

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
going to give it a miss now so im going to keep this for one more year then hopefully get the VXR the misses what this corsa when see passes im very gutt to beonist looking at getting a pay rise at chrismas so let see cheers for all the comments if you now any one how whants that VXR i will give them the details

1 - 13 of 13 Posts