Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

right as you can tell by the thread my car isnt starting,

when i turn the key all the lights come on, then when i turn it further, nothing, not a sound.

my service light is flashing and i dont know if that means my immobaliser has kicked in and the car isnt going to start?

any ideas?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like the battery may be flat u tried jump or bump starting it?
right, ive got a charger pack for it and going to wire that on and see how that effects it.

i shall update later

cheers guys :) really appreciate it

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
right, ive got a charger pack for it and going to wire that on and see how that effects it.

i shall update later

cheers guys :) really appreciate it
Keep us posted mate I had to jump one other day left ignition on whilst fitting boost GUAGE lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
no it doesnt, that would indicate a jammed starter motor, its just dead silence, so im going to get it charged :)
no a clicking sound could be caused by the batery not having enough juice to turn the engine over ie nearly flat. but as youre not even getting any noises only ignition lights then could be a really flat battery

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
no it doesnt, that would indicate a jammed starter motor, its just dead silence, so im going to get it charged :)
Not jammed mate always it's when the starter ain't getting enough power to excite and actuate properly ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
This exact thing happened to my old corsa b, the worst thing was that I had a guy coming to see it and it still wouldn't work when he got here. Was well embarrassed! But eventually got it working again and ironically he bought it lol
Will defo be the battery if it's completely flat just leave it charging for about half an hour, don't try starting it as that's meant to use about 15% of the battery. When you eventually get it going go out and drive it for about half an hour or it will only go flat again :)

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
This exact thing happened to my old corsa b, the worst thing was that I had a guy coming to see it and it still wouldn't work when he got here. Was well embarrassed! But eventually got it working again and ironically he bought it lol
Will defo be the battery if it's completely flat just leave it charging for about half an hour, don't try starting it as that's meant to use about 15% of the battery. When you eventually get it going go out and drive it for about half an hour or it will only go flat again :)
yeah also did u leave any lights on or something silly like that or leave anything on that would cause a drain to the batery if not then could be a possible alternator fault

·
Registered
703 Posts
the clicking noise you hear when you turn the ingition on (and quite loudly too if the bonnet is open) is the electrical relays resetting

1 - 20 of 23 Posts