Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi it’s my first time here but basically my corsa d has no crank and the only lights that come on is oil pressure (and goes away after 3 seconds) and spanner light stays on for ever
When I try crank it makes single click noise and that’s it
Check the fuses seem fine

I think it might be earth point 3 (what auto data said) it connect starter relays and a lot of other things
It seems to be a main grounding point it’s said it’s LH suspension turret but I can not find it

I bought the car to fix and now I just got my slef headache I’m a apprentice still learning would be niceto get reply

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi it’s my first time here but basically my corsa d has no crank and the only lights that come on is oil pressure (and goes away after 3 seconds) and spanner light stays on for ever
When I try crank it makes single click noise and that’s it
Check the fuses seem fine

I think it might be earth point 3 (what auto data said) it connect starter relays and a lot of other things
It seems to be a main grounding point it’s said it’s LH suspension turret but I can not find it

I bought the car to fix and now I just got my slef headache I’m a apprentice still learning would be niceto get reply
It maybe the wet ECU issue. Try removing the scuttle panel and see if it is wet, assuming you have donemall the basic checks, battery, starter motor etc.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It maybe the wet ECU issue. Try removing the scuttle panel and see if it is wet, assuming you have donemall the basic checks, battery, starter motor etc.

Ecu don’t look wet and no water around it
But the engine like don’t even come on when ignition is on so that’s strange and the spanner light is on continuously so idk what that means
Obd reader don’t work it says it ain’t connected
i don’t understand where the earth pount 3 is it says on left hand side suspension turret but I don’t know where can’t find as that’s linked to a few engine related stuff, clutch switch and starter so it that’s not grounded well or broke the that’s explaining the no crank but I don’t know where it is
Anyone know?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Ecu don’t look wet and no water around it
But the engine like don’t even come on when ignition is on so that’s strange and the spanner light is on continuously so idk what that means
Obd reader don’t work it says it ain’t connected
i don’t understand where the earth pount 3 is it says on left hand side suspension turret but I don’t know where can’t find as that’s linked to a few engine related stuff, clutch switch and starter so it that’s not grounded well or broke the that’s explaining the no crank but I don’t know where it is
Anyone know?
I can't 100 say where that earth is, why not work backwards from the components to try find it, so work from the battery negative wire and then the starter and alternator, the ground will be surely around the battery / fuse box area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't 100 say where that earth is, why not work backwards from the components to try find it, so work from the battery negative wire and then the starter and alternator, the ground will be surely around the battery / fuse box area.

I’ll have a look tomorrow
Could it be a sensor ? Becuz I’m sure engine light need to be on when ingniiom on

·
Registered
933 Posts
I’ll have a look tomorrow
Could it be a sensor ? Becuz I’m sure engine light need to be on when ingniiom on
Well when you turn the ignition on there is a good 5-7 lights that should come on and then go.oit after a few seconds, so to say you are not getting that, hoping it is sensor, I'm not sure , my first thoughts are a BCM or ECU type issue, but again I would start simple do basic checks, battery, check wiring. So see how you get on with the simple stuff once that is done,.put down the tools and.come back and try think what else it.could be , don't.just plough on as it's hard to see sole things when frustrated.

Lastly try joing the VAUXHALL OWNERS NETWORK FORUM, they are more active and it covers all.vauxhalls you may get.more input there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well when you turn the ignition on there is a good 5-7 lights that should come on and then go.oit after a few seconds, so to say you are not getting that, hoping it is sensor, I'm not sure , my first thoughts are a BCM or ECU type issue, but again I would start simple do basic checks, battery, check wiring. So see how you get on with the simple stuff once that is done,.put down the tools and.come back and try think what else it.could be , don't.just plough on as it's hard to see sole things when frustrated.

Lastly try joing the VAUXHALL OWNERS NETWORK FORUM, they are more active and it covers all.vauxhalls you may get.more input there.

Ok thank u

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi,
You need to check fuse f20, 10amp fuse in the engine fuse box. This is the main relay fuse and if blown the car will not crank or start. Please recheck to make sure that this is fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
You need to check fuse f20, 10amp fuse in the engine fuse box. This is the main relay fuse and if blown the car will not crank or start. Please recheck to make sure that this is fine.
I’ll have a look again but all fuses seem to be fine
The issue is engine management light doesn’t turn in when I turn the key neither does glow plugs and a few others that tells me there no communication with ecu but idk what is causing that

·
Registered
106 Posts
As I said, you need to check fuse no 20, 10amp fuse in the engine fuse box. This is located beside the battery. It will be blown. Therfore no crank or life from the engine. More than likely your ecu is at fault.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edition
5 Posts
There hasn't been any mention of fault codes in your posts so just to be sure have you carried out fault code checks? This would also confirm whether you have a communication issue with the ECU.

Saying that a non existent engine light is concerning which to me does point to a no engine ECU communication fault.

Also what year is the car? Is it a facelift model or pre-facelift?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There hasn't been any mention of fault codes in your posts so just to be sure have you carried out fault code checks? This would also confirm whether you have a communication issue with the ECU.

Saying that a non existent engine light is concerning which to me does point to a no engine ECU communication fault.

I tried using a obd reader. ( it was a cheap one) and it says it can’t connect so there is no communication, there is no water around the ecu, the car is 58 plate so 2008 however I’m not sure want u mean by facelift or preface lift?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I took the negative battery cable off and it is very corroded could this be the issue either way I’m getting new one as I cut this one apart
i attatched a picture so yo can see this could be the issue i think as this is probs causing weak ground but doesnt explain why dash lights should as engine light doesnt come on.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

i also forgot to mention i took the starter motor replay put a wire on pin 30 and touched the body and it cranked but it dont do it no more maybe i blew a starter fuse idk but i can check at the moment as negative battery cable is off

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took the negative battery cable off and it is very corroded could this be the issue either way I’m getting new one as I cut this one apart
A bad earth can cause all sorts of problems so yes it is a possibility.

2008 is the pre-facelift one, the facelift model starts from around 2010/2011 and has slightly different shaped headlights etc.

Reason I asked was that I have seen this on a facelift version and when this happened I noticed when operating the indicators (locking and unlocking the car) the daytime running lights would activate rather than the indicator bulbs.

When the engine ECU casing was touching the car body the car would behave as it should, everything working and car starts. When it was lifted away from the body the issues would occur again.

If you have ruled out fuses etc as a test it might be worth getting a jump lead and connecting the ECU casing to body ground and see if it does anything.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
i also forgot to mention i took the starter motor replay put a wire on pin 30 and touched the body and it cranked but it dont do it no more maybe i blew a starter fuse idk but i can check at the moment as negative battery cable is off
You may have blown a fuse if it has stopped cranking, if you have a multimeter to hand you can check continuity on the fuses to see which one is blown, it's an easier way to check without pulling each and every fuse out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A bad earth can cause all sorts of problems so yes it is a possibility.

2008 is the pre-facelift one, the facelift model starts from around 2010/2011 and has slightly different shaped headlights etc.

Reason I asked was that I have seen this on a facelift version and when this happened I noticed when operating the indicators (locking and unlocking the car) the daytime running lights would activate rather than the indicator bulbs.

When the engine ECU casing was touching the car body the car would behave as it should, everything working and car starts. When it was lifted away from the body the issues would occur again.

If you have ruled out fuses etc as a test it might be worth getting a jump lead and connecting the ECU casing to body ground and see if it does anything.

so put jumper cable of ecu casing and on body and see if it does anything? ill try thaty but obvs i ned to get a new negative cable but i had a look in log book 9 poeple owner this car i bought this as a little project i think i messed up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You may have blown a fuse if it has stopped cranking, if you have a multimeter to hand you can check continuity on the fuses to see which one is blown, it's an easier way to check without pulling each and every fuse out

all fuses seem to be fine in the engine bay didnt check the one in glove box
and yes i did use multimeter

·
Registered
5 Posts
so put jumper cable of ecu casing and on body and see if it does anything? ill try thaty but obvs i ned to get a new negative cable but i had a look in log book 9 poeple owner this car i bought this as a little project i think i messed up
Yes try that. If it's only the negative cable for the battery that is corroded you could always use another jump cable and connect from battery to a good body ground (best one is fitting the towing eye to the front of the car provided you have one and then connecting to that)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts