Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Vauxhall Corsa 2012 Limited Edition aux/bluetooth

12K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  lilscorsD 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just got my first car which is a limited edition 2012 vauxhall corsa.

I have an s10 and tried connecting it to the car via the aux port. But it doesn't work. The phone shop said it is something to do with my phone not having a jack port or something.

I also tried a little Bluetooth connector which you have to tune to connect. My phone connects to it but the car doesn't. Guessing it is because the car starts at 800 kHz to 1500 kHz. Whereas the device only has the option from 90 to 105. I have attached a pic of that.

Does anyone know how I can play music from my phone and connect it to the car? Is there a specific aux cable I need to buy or bluetooth device?

Looking forward to responses soon.

Kind regards,
Abdur

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you for your response. I have an s10 lite so it doesn't have a jack. The charging port is type c. Tried using an aux with a type c at the end to connect my phone, but it didn't work. The guy at the shop said he tested different cables with the phone and only 1 in 3 of them worked. So must only be specific cables which work right?

But I'm not sure if the aux port in the car is broke (when I put the end of the aux into the aux port in the car, it felt very light) or weather it really is my phone (normally any cable with a type c connector works fine so not sure why guy at the shop said only 1 in 3 did when he tested it).

#5 ·
Hmmm they seem a bit pricey. Do you think installing a Bluetooth touch screen radio would be better? They cost about the same price on ebay.

One of my mates found one like this:

Obviously will probs try find something more relevant to the corsa. But which do you think would be better?

#11 ·
Think I will just buy the touch screen thing tbh. Seems the easiest way. Already paid like 30 quid for the aux cables and Bluetooth transmitters to not work. For a bit extra could have just got the touch screen stereo. They seem easy to install too tbh. Plus will make interior look a bit better ig 🤷🏽‍♂️

#12 ·
This will hold roughly 2000 songs available at ARGOS £19:99 -

About this product
Wearble to one-hit wonders or tap along to chart topping tunes with the Bush 8GB MP3 player. Play, pause, skip forward and back to find your fave songs which you can listen to with the earphones that comes included. It has and 8GB memory, so you can store up to 2000 songs, and with up to 8 hours of battery life, you can listen to uninterrupted tunes all day.
Dot Matrix Display.
  • 8GB memory.
  • 1.5 inch screen.
  • 8 hours battery life - including .
  • LCD_LED display display.
  • Stores up to 2000 songs .
  • USB port - USB cable supplied.
  • Includes Earphone, USB cable.
General information
  • Weight 70.1g.
  • Size H10, W5, D1.17cm.
  • Batteries required 1 x lithium (included) .
  • Rechargeable built-in battery.
  • Manufacturer's 1 year guarantee.

#15 ·
That seems good too. Only issue is I have all my music stored on my Spotify account you see and always adding new songs to playlists too. So obviously would be most convenient to just have a Bluetooth connection and play songs that way. Rather than having to keep going back and fourth adding new songs to cds or mp3 players.

#17 · (Edited)
SONY DSX-A410BT Smart Bluetooth Car Radio - Black
Product information

Sony DSX-A410BT Car Stereo
Blast out your music with the Sony DSX-A410BT Car Stereo.
Packed full of features you are sure to be entertained.
Dual Bluetooth connection means you can fully connect to your device allowing you to stream music and receive hands free calls while on the road.
Also don't forget that this car stereo comes with the added bonus of Voice Control giving you total control of your music and phone while keeping your hands firmly on the wheel. Whilst driving late at night the Vivid Display with Sound-synchronized Illumination will allow you to find and change your settings quickly.

Skip to 5:41 for demo -

#19 ·
SONY DSX-A410BT Smart Bluetooth Car Radio - Black
Product information

Sony DSX-A410BT Car Stereo
Blast out your music with the Sony DSX-A410BT Car Stereo.
Packed full of features you are sure to be entertained.
Dual Bluetooth connection means you can fully connect to your device allowing you to stream music and receive hands free calls while on the road.
Also don't forget that this car stereo comes with the added bonus of Voice Control giving you total control of your music and phone while keeping your hands firmly on the wheel. Whilst driving late at night the Vivid Display with Sound-synchronized Illumination will allow you to find and change your settings quickly.

Skip to 5:41 for demo -

Thank you for this. Seems good. Will go to Halfords tomorrow even and ask if they have it there too 🙏🏽

#24 ·
you’ve got quite a few alternatives here. But i thought it’s worth mentioning. It sounds like you’ve got your radio in AM mode rather them FM mode. I threw out my old CD30 for a Android Head unit so I don’t remember exactly but I’m sure there’s a AM/FM Switch

#27 ·
Ah I sorted mine out now. I gave the little Bluetooth thing to my mate since it was working in his car. Got an aux cable which inserts into some connector with a type c end which plugs into your phone. Got it working that way.

Thankfully. Only cost like 13 quid too. Saves a lot of money from going and buying a whole new stereo system and then paying to install it too.