Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I seem to be having an annoying rattle coming from the engine when starting up, idle and when the car is even warm. I have recently done a service on the car, changing the oil / filter, spark plugs, coil pack and air filter. I have been reading on here from many different posts that it may be the timing chain or intake manifold but I have a recording of the engine running to see if anyone can identify the issue or had a similar noise with their car. It’s done nearly 67k.

Cheers

Sean

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate,

No just the overall engine sounds like this. I’ve read that this is a common problem with the 1.0L ecoflex engines. I will try and get a better video of the engine running while the bonnet is open. Looks to be the timing chain from what I’ve read and heard but not 100% sure, I have been quoted £560 to get it sorted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the car back tonight after booking it in with a local garage to see what the issue was. It turns out that it was the timing chain after all, it had a 5mm - 10mm difference in the chain and the tensioner was giving slack. I also had the engine coolant drained and replaced but I have to see the mechanic next week to check on the coolant level to see if it’s fallen or not. Managed to get the job done for £330 that was labour, new timing chain kit and gasket.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Got the car back tonight after booking it in with a local garage to see what the issue was. It turns out that it was the timing chain after all, it had a 5mm - 10mm difference in the chain and the tensioner was giving slack. I also had the engine coolant drained and replaced but I have to see the mechanic next week to check on the coolant level to see if it’s fallen or not. Managed to get the job done for £330 that was labour, new timing chain kit and gasket.
Glad you got it sorted mate. That's actually not too bad a price tbh. Of you can you should do a recording of your vehicle in the same.postion as you did the one previous to show the change in the noise , help other forum members to know what to listen for / expect.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts