Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

41 - 60 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
the dealers have received the bulletin to get the stock in ready

mailshots will be sent out in stages as per Recall guidelines

you WILL receive a letter
OK, cheers m8 - will discuss it with them tomorrow when I take mine in...

What's involved? New ABS unit, or just part of it?

·
Registered
470 Posts
well once again my dealership are bar stuards, told me to bring it down at 8 which i did, took my keys of me nd told me to just take a seat nd help myself to tea and coffee, 15mins later mechanic comes out nd says we dont have the part will phone u wen we have it in aaaaaaagh

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Hi all, Just noticed you were talking about yet another recall from vauxhall. I can tell you that there are 76,487 corsa's to be recalled and they are every model produced between chassis range 74000123 up to 76169551 depending on the make of the abs control unit. Basically from 07 to 57 reg corsa's should be issued with a letter, hope this helps as the recall involves changing the control unit and adding a cover to prevent water ingress into the abs control unit.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi all, Just noticed you were talking about yet another recall from vauxhall. I can tell you that there are 76,487 corsa's to be recalled and they are every model produced between chassis range 74000123 up to 76169551 depending on the make of the abs control unit. Basically from 07 to 57 reg corsa's should be issued with a letter, hope this helps as the recall involves changing the control unit and adding a cover to prevent water ingress into the abs control unit.
Great - thanks for the info - heard a rumour about a cover, but didnt realise that they were going to replace the whole unit...

·
Registered
9,960 Posts
Got mine back this afternoon... all I can see that's different is a new piece of plastic covering the ABS module.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Took mine in for the clutch judder today and they are doing the abs control unit as well. 56 plate.
Well I say as well thats assuming they don't try and still fob me off from doing the clutch still.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I just called vx to check and mines been recalled, its a 57 plate. Taking it on Monday for the work and there also gonna check my brake pads as i'm not too sure about them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine was in on monday for the abs recall. Was told the complete abs unit was replaced.
They said it would take approx 4 hours to complete.

Told them about clutch judder (Yet Again!!), Guess what, they said no fault found.
Told them it was worse uphill, guess where they tested it.!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Recall - Rear Window Seal

Anyone else had a problem with the seal on the inside of their back window ?

The seal popped away on Thursday and has been hanging down ever since. I took the car to VX this morning and the guy told me he thought it was a 'recall' problem whereby the seal is too small and as soon as it pops off and you try and push it back on, it pops out somewhere else. Anyways they have to cut the seal and push it back on....

All is now OK (Touch wood)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anyone else had a problem with the seal on the inside of their back window ?

The seal popped away on Thursday and has been hanging down ever since. I took the car to VX this morning and the guy told me he thought it was a 'recall' problem whereby the seal is too small and as soon as it pops off and you try and push it back on, it pops out somewhere else. Anyways they have to cut the seal and push it back on....

All is now OK (Touch wood)

i have same problem :S hmmm.. had my car a year and month now tho... willt he still fix??

Dom

41 - 60 of 155 Posts