Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I've got an ABS recall on my 56 SXi- local dealer brought this to my attention on my first MoT.

Apparently the helpful dealership lady said recall letters are NOT sent out for this recall so check if you are affected with your local VX dealer (they will need to order a part) as it affects D SXi's from 56 to 57 - don't wait for a letter to drop through your letter box.

So far it's my 3rd recall my 1st generation 56 plate Corsa D :0( The many joy's I've discovered since buying mine ahead of release in Sept '06 to be the first Corsa D's on the road ;0) :dance:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've had my recall on the abs done recently too on my 56 plate and they dimly swapped the abs unit out and put a cover over unlike the old one

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 57 plate registered Jan 2008, I assume she is included in this! I haven`t heard anything from my dealer so should I contact them anyway? sorry for silly questions but I`m new to car ownership and have never come across anything like this before!

·
PVS10 Feature Car
3,263 Posts
Give your dealership a call and ask is the best thing you can do, mine is a 57 and i have only had 1 re-call thing (the heater motor) so you could be ok.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Handbrake recall

Just had a letter from VX about recall to fix handbrake cable problems on new corsa's. They say that "the handbrake cable end fitting could move in the supporting bracket welded to the underbody which might lead to a sudden loss of handbrake function at any time" :shock:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just had a letter from VX about recall to fix handbrake cable problems on new corsa's. They say that "the handbrake cable end fitting could move in the supporting bracket welded to the underbody which might lead to a sudden loss of handbrake function at any time" :shock:

Yeah but it's only 10 reg corsa's. My other half recieved this and has hers booked in.

·
Registered
584 Posts
My 07 sxi has a brake recall so I'm guessing its the ABS. I'm taking it to get another key programmed and they said they would sort out the brake recall at the same time. Not sure why they didn't do it before I bought the car, was a vaux garage and they had it for a while before I picked it up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A new recall has just recently been launced in the past 2 weeks, it is for brake pedal bearings

They did the recall when my car had its 2nd service last week - they said that if I was just going in for the recall work it would take around 50 minutes

Letters should be on there way to everyone affected but the guy at the dealership said its most corsas

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mines going in tomorrow for this recall for brake pedal bearings and mines a 2011, i sent my reg to Vauxhall customer service on twitter and they told me to get it booked in, and letters where getting sent out in batches.

·
Registered
184 Posts
my 56 plate was in last week for the brake pedal bearing! took an hour now the brakes are really responsive compared to wat they were! scared me a little tbh :lol:

·
Owner & Administrator
1,143 Posts
I've had a recall notice out on a selection of my fleet at work this week now for the brake pedal recall range from some 59's to 11's so far it's doesn't seem to be all of them just the odd one but they are various models so not model specific.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I've had a recall notice out on a selection of my fleet at work this week now for the brake pedal recall range from some 59's to 11's so far it's doesn't seem to be all of them just the odd one but they are various models so not model specific.
There's a list out now of which serial numbers of vehicles are involved.See the post above for the list Si.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My 58 Plate D is going in to Vauxhall tomorrow to have some things done.

I didn't know it had a recall but it was getting other parts fixed under warranty then they mentioned they need to check brakes and bearings.. £500 + damage not fun.. :(

D

·
0 Posts
Just had the break recall done on my 2011 VXR, I wanted an usual sound from the door checking out - So killed two birds . . .

No biggy, didnt take long - Had a few cups of tea while I wanted haha.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts