Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently brought a new single din stereo for my 2014 Vauxhall Corsa D (5door), I decided to install it myself, so I was looking at this instillation kit.

I wanted to double check that it was the right one, but both the online Halfords assistant and local stores technician couldn’t seem to match it to any car. It does say on the description: for Corsas 2006 - 2014, so I was just wondering if anyone has used this kit before or any similar kits to recommend?
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not sure about that specific one since the official Connects2 Site shows it's compatible only for Astra's

Though £40 is a little steep for that, you can find them on eBay for significiantly lower.

Also make sure that you have a single din cage, not sure if the stereo would come with one but you do need one otherwise it'll be flying around.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi,

I recently brought a new single din stereo for my 2014 Vauxhall Corsa D (5door), I decided to install it myself, so I was looking at this instillation kit.

I wanted to double check that it was the right one, but both the online Halfords assistant and local stores technician couldn’t seem to match it to any car. It does say on the description: for Corsas 2006 - 2014, so I was just wondering if anyone has used this kit before or any similar kits to recommend?
Thanks
Have you looked at double din stereos? Easier to fit and will look better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure about that specific one since the official Connects2 Site shows it's compatible only for Astra's

Though £40 is a little steep for that, you can find them on eBay for significiantly lower.

Also make sure that you have a single din cage, not sure if the stereo would come with one but you do need one otherwise it'll be flying around.
Thanks for the help. I have spoken to a few different companies about it, and was recommended this one Connects2 CTKVX17 - Vauxhall Astra Corsa Car Stereo Fitting Kit Piano Black
I would like a nicer facia, but as long as the cables all work I sure I can swap it out for another one - still really expensive though...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you looked at double din stereos? Easier to fit and will look better.
I did have a look around but I didn't want to pay loads of money for it, so I ended up purchasing the Sony MEX-N4300BT. All I need is the Bluetooth and the USB port really - Just difficult to find the right fitting kit for my car

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Astra loom should be ok as all the stereos fitted up to the mokka/ corsa e/ insignia and zafira/ astra 6 swap round anyway it’s only when you get to the newer ones there’s fitting issues, where they go not how they’re wired as all I’ve seen have the same connections at the back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Astra loom should be ok as all the stereos fitted up to the mokka/ corsa e/ insignia and zafira/ astra 6 swap round anyway it’s only when you get to the newer ones there’s fitting issues, where they go not how they’re wired as all I’ve seen have the same connections at the back.
I managed to install the stereo today, the installation itself was easy as I had all of the correct wires. The only problem I still have is that the radio will only turn on when the keys are in the ignition. I know that I need to connect a red wire into my fuse box and a black wire to the "ground", so that it can be turned on whilst the car is off, but I'm not too sure how to do this.

I know that I need to get an adapter like this:adapter
So that I can plug the red wire into one of the fuses (I think its the number 3 fuse but I'm not sure) but I have no clue where the black "ground" wire should go or how big the adapter will need to be, i.e micro, small or normal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I managed to install the stereo today, the installation itself was easy as I had all of the correct wires. The only problem I still have is that the radio will only turn on when the keys are in the ignition. I know that I need to connect a red wire into my fuse box and a black wire to the "ground", so that it can be turned on whilst the car is off, but I'm not too sure how to do this.

So that I can plug the red wire into one of the fuses (I think its the number 3 fuse but I'm not sure) but I have no clue where the black "ground" wire should go or how big the adapter will need to be, i.e micro, small or normal.
Not sure about the red wire on fusebox, since usually putting the red wire on the “always on” fuses will leave the stereo on to drain the battery even with the car off. But attatching it to the ignition fuses would keep it running how it is now.

Never used the Connects2 harness since the steering controls were terrible, so I may be wrong.

The original stereo uses CANBUS to be able to turn on with no keys.

For grounding, you can connect the black wire at any ground point, or splice it into any existing negative cable like the black wire on the harness etc

·
Registered
99 Posts

The stereo coming on with the ignition is normal, hardwiring it will just drain your battery so advise against it.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Yeah I agree with Lloyd, having it wired in when the ignition isn’t on will only end up flattening the battery so I’d avoid doing it, given a standard stereo turns off after 30 mins it gives enough time to wash and chamois the car so a aftermarket stereo will just drain the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The stereo coming on with the ignition is normal, hardwiring it will just drain your battery so advise against it.
Yeah I agree with Lloyd, having it wired in when the ignition isn’t on will only end up flattening the battery so I’d avoid doing it, given a standard stereo turns off after 30 mins it gives enough time to wash and chamois the car so a aftermarket stereo will just drain the battery.
Thanks for all the help guys, I had another look at it earlier and ended up wrapping electrical tape round both cables and leaving it.

Do either of you know anything about OPCOM?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts