Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am fairly new to this forum so hopefully this is the correct thread to post this question. I am the owner of a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXI. I am the second owner of this car and the engine size is much smaller than my older 1.6 Astra. I was wondering if anyone could give me some idea of what my fuel consumption should look like? I have recently filled up the car with a full tank, so far have driven 70 miles approx and the needle is just on the first quarter it should hit after being on the full tank (essentially used a quarter so far). I have been driving around town (in some traffic, not doing any long journeys). Does this seem correct?

Some other information about driving conditions and the car:

engine size: 1.2
Year: 2009 plate
5 door hatchback
Model: SXI
Fuel used: Tesco
Carry other passengers / items? Occasionally
Drive usually? Around town. Sometimes longer journeys of more than 50-60 miles

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
965 Posts
I use my 1.2 for a short journey to work and am getting 32 ish to a gallon, full tank of fuel goes about 350 miles all according to computer in the car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use my 1.2 for a short journey to work and am getting 32 ish to a gallon, full tank of fuel goes about 350 miles all according to computer in the car!
Thanks for that! I understand the age of the car can be a contributing factor. I reset my trip counter to 0 when I last filled so hopefully I’m seeing around the same mark as you do (give or take some miles)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I sit and watch my MPG all day in my 1.2

Motorway journeys I’ll get 50MPG
Casual city journeys I’ll get 28-31MPG
Absolute eco mode in city I’ll get 37-40MPG

Using cruise control helps a lot if you have it.
I like to coast in any gear that gives me 2k revs without gas, because the fuel cuts off and you get 999 Live MPG.

Personally I hate the BC Miles Remaining View, by the time it smoothes out the estimate from your MPG, my tank is nearly empty. Then I’ll fill it back up and clear BC and it shows something unrealistic and loops again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately mine doesn’t have a cruise control feature, rather annoying. I’d like to think I will get better miles out of this car than my 15 years
old 1.6 astra. My Corsa doesn’t have the miles counter either, has the smaller display (I do know what you mean though, my Astra range counter never calibrated properly until I was near empty tank), but I’ll keep monitoring with the miles on the odometer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts