Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
has anyone had a quote on doing this mod to their corsa d,if so then please give me an
idea on wot you been quoted,please remember though that you will also need a new griffin
badge and badge carrier as the origional ones are no gud if you want to fit the painted vxr v.

please start list below

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1.ill go first the mate for the lot i got qouted £61.86p for it thats not included the painting of it. but the the rest from evens helshaw wigan

is that price just for the primed v as if so then i want the total cost of
primed vxr v moulding/new badge/new carrier and painting aswell.

;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm :roll:

it doesnt seem right that price,have you got the individual part numbers and prices for
each part and your prices are they retail plus vat ???

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
In Cluding Vat Mate Spoke To A Guy Called James When I Took My Car In Last Week And He Came Back 20 Min Later And Told Me The Price And I Ask Him Was That Also Including The Badge The Cairrer The Paint I Have To Get Done My Self He Didn't Tell Me That I Can Buy The Paint From Them So I Don't No The Price Of That.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
In Cluding Vat Mate Spoke To A Guy Called James When I Took My Car In Last Week And He Came Back 20 Min Later And Told Me The Price And I Ask Him Was That Also Including The Badge The Cairrer The Paint I Have To Get Done My Self He Didn't Tell Me That I Can Buy The Paint From Them So I Don't No The Price Of That.

hi m8

i think you will find that the parts are more expensive than that,just double check
with the parts guy and make sure he`s looking at the right part numbers,he shud
be looking at the parts that are listed for opc.

the guy doesnt seem to know much considering if he works in a vxl dealer parts dep`t
as the paint you can buy in can
sprays no problem
:yes:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
hi m8

i think you will find that the parts are more expensive than that,just double check
with the parts guy and make sure he`s looking at the right part numbers,he shud
be looking at the parts that are listed for opc.

the guy doesnt seem to know much considering if he works in a vxl dealer parts dep`t
as the paint you can buy in can
sprays no problem
:yes:
IM GOING BACK UP THEIR ON MONDAY SO ILL POP IN AND DOUBLE CHECK IF HE RONG ILL KICK IS ARSE CHEERS

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:heelclick: :heelclick:
wohoo mine is all done and ready to be fitted to the car,when it decides to arrive
that is.

·
Registered
415 Posts
ive been quoted about £85 including vat for the parts with a trade club card

·
Registered
415 Posts
yeah thats about right m8,thought it was bit more,just need the painting cost to
be added.
my mates mum owns a body shop so she will be doing it even if it costs me more than the spray tins i wont be bothered as i know a good job will be done

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thats well smart mate, is it easy to spray? because ivbeen quoted £61.69 For the V Grille Primed and if i can paint it that ill be great cuz they said £100ish for he Grille Painted to colour code, also how do you fit it? and pics would be great as i imagine it shudnt be too hard.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thats well smart mate, is it easy to spray? because ivbeen quoted £61.69 For the V Grille Primed and if i can paint it that ill be great cuz they said £100ish for he Grille Painted to colour code, also how do you fit it? and pics would be great as i imagine it shudnt be too hard.

hi there

yeah easy to paint just flat it lightly then paint it,you also will need the new badge carrier and badge then
when its painted you assemble the parts together then just unclip the chrome 1 off the bumper grille then
clip ya new vxr colour coded 1 into place then its done easy as that m8,i dont have piccys sorry but soon as
you see how the chrome one removes then its easy from there.

heres a piccy in wot mine now looks like ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
ok thankyou mate thats great! soorry if i sound like a completenewb now lol but what do u mean by flat it? and the new badge carrier is that what the badge sits in? and do u knw rough prices of badge carrier and badge? mines black and urs looks SEX lol nice job i saw what u did to the black one which is what made my mind up :love:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok thankyou mate thats great! soorry if i sound like a completenewb now lol but what do u mean by flat it? and the new badge carrier is that what the badge sits in? and do u knw rough prices of badge carrier and badge? mines black and urs looks SEX lol nice job i saw what u did to the black one which is what made my mind up :love:
its ok m8 no probs :D

wot i mean by flat it is just get some 1500 or 2000 grade wet and dry and just
take the smoothness off it as that way the paint will bond to it,its wot has to be
done when ya painting anything thats primed,the black carrier sits on the new v
grille behind and the new griffin badge pushes onto it from the front but you will
need to melt the lugs down to hold the black carrier onto the painted v then after that
you fit the new replacement chrome griffin badge,you have to get the right parts as they
aint the same ones as the origionals and they also go together differently,the new primed
vxr v moulding is £52.50 plus vat then the new carrier £16.20 then the new badge £14.10
all retail prices and are plus vat,then you have the cost of painting.

i can supply and paint and all built up for anyone that wants any but i`d have to cost it up so if anyone is
interested then pm me and let me know the colour of ya car and i`ll reply with a price to supply it complete
and ready for to just fit.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
407 Posts
any info on how to remove tha crome grille is kindly appreciated. I have the opel grille and would like to mount the vauxhall grille. Only the cgroma part needs to be removed.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts