Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Seriously so easy to fit them. I had my old seats out, Corsa VXR seats in and my old seats in the other car done in an hour. All done myself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
although this threads really old im hoping atleast one of you guys is still around hah?

ive got these seats to fit bought them recently at a pretty good price, wondering 2 things really

1 can anybody tell me where the extra bolts are located, from standard seats so i can make sure ive got them on my vxr seats rails, and two is disconnecting the battery 30 minutes before I start enough to stop the airbag light issues some people get?

apparently the d's are programmed once and can't be decoded so because mine doesn't have airbags in my normal seats i can't just go plugging the vxr seats in would love some advice on this lol?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi ya
I have some vxr front recaro seats I would like to know, if they are a straight swap, got no air bag in my original seats, if you find out please let me know, step by step instructions if you you can cheers Marcus

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
597 Posts
Haynes manual I think suggests battery off, brew, seat fully forward and undo back bolts holding the seat rails onto the car then slide fully back and get fronts undone, brew, undo seat electrics and swap pre tensioners over then go backwards to taking out way substituting brew/ fag for ****/ fag as you go, then connect battery back up when both seats done! Good luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
Haynes manual I think suggests battery off, brew, seat fully forward and undo back bolts holding the seat rails onto the car then slide fully back and get fronts undone, brew, undo seat electrics and swap pre tensioners over then go backwards to taking out way substituting brew/ fag for ****/ fag as you go, then connect battery back up when both seats done! Good luck
Cheers 👍

·
Registered
2013 1.4 D SRI
7 Posts
I've got an airbag issue on my 2013 SRI.
Bought some recaros from a Corsa E and they bolted straight in but I didn't change the pretensioners would this be the reason I have the airbag fault on the dash and centre console?
Thanks in advance folks.
Simon.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
As you’ve found out, you’ll need to swap the pre tensioner a or get the seats programmed to the car with tech 2, you might get it with opcom but think the quickest route is change the tensioners

·
Registered
2013 1.4 D SRI
7 Posts
Job done changed the pretensioners to my oem ones and jobs a good un no more airbag light of doom 🤙🤙 the old pretensioners off the vxr seats had also been deployed the drivers a hell of alot more than the passengers. Luckily the airbags didn't go off otherwise I wouldn't of bought the seats but I didn't know about pretensioners before buying the seats.
I've kinda got an impulse problem 😂😂😂
Anyway cheers for the advice just thought I'd update you, which doesn't seem to happen on forums anymore.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah thanks fella, pleased to hear you got sorted 👍
Hi after connect the battery again what will have to reset reason being I have set my doors to lock shortly after I drive off plus when I disarm the car alarm the lights come on plus rear windscreen wiper comes on when the car is put into reverse ect 🤔👍

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
It’s not a disaster if you have to, key to 2nd position and pull wipers and lights to you, centre display between clocks changes to p1, then cycle through and switch on what you want, not sure which p does what but there’s threads on here that tell you, windows may need reprogramming but again not a big job, I assume you’ve electric windows? The hardest job will be undoing and re tightening the seat bolts, and they have to be tight as not only will the mot man check them, you don’t want a brown pants moment on the outside of a roundabout at 50mph (yes officer, you’re speed gun does need recalibration ahem!) 😂

1 - 20 of 23 Posts