Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So last week i picked up my vxr, been great however it has had problems. Small things like a broken glovebox hinge and faulty air con pipe. These are getting sorted however i noticed theres symptoms of worn gearbox bearings. I spoke to wg autoworks on vxro and they said that they will need to be replaced however the dealer's argument is that the gearbox is not clearly faulty so they're probably wont do anything about it. They're only small signs of this so i think thats what they're going to say..

What should i do? Where do i stand in this situation? Do i have a chance of getting them replaced?

As said ive only had it a week and picked up on this a few days ago. The warranty lasts for 3 months would they go before its up? How long would they last? I do about 130 miles a week

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
If you are getting whining, the gear box probably won't last more than 3k.

They will regret in not getting it fixed earlier, as once its gone too far, the whole box will need to be replaced.

I'd go in and give them a heads up, and when it fails, and that a new box is needed, they know it's their fault for not sorting it earlier...

using the 5th and 6th gear more will worn down the bearings quicker *cough* *cough*

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Hello,

So last week i picked up my vxr, been great however it has had problems. Small things like a broken glovebox hinge and faulty air con pipe. These are getting sorted however i noticed theres symptoms of worn gearbox bearings. I spoke to wg autoworks on vxro and they said that they will need to be replaced however the dealer's argument is that the gearbox is not clearly faulty so they're probably wont do anything about it. They're only small signs of this so i think thats what they're going to say..

What should i do? Where do i stand in this situation? Do i have a chance of getting them replaced?

As said ive only had it a week and picked up on this a few days ago. The warranty lasts for 3 months would they go before its up? How long would they last? I do about 130 miles a week
It not an arden 08 plate is it?

My arden vxr had these exact problems when i traded it in over a year ago which vaux knew all about, i also had to pay them for new aircon pipes on trade in lol.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are getting whining, the gear box probably won't last more than 3k.

They will regret in not getting it fixed earlier, as once its gone too far, the whole box will need to be replaced.

I'd go in and give them a heads up, and when it fails, and that a new box is needed, they know it's their fault for not sorting it earlier...

using the 5th and 6th gear more will worn down the bearings quicker *cough* *cough*
no whining but theres a very small about of play in the gearstick, about 1-2mm. theres the faint disc grinding noise and it doesnt feel as smooth as a new m32 box. i told them about it earlier, and thats what they came out with, just hope i they go before my warranty is out, i dont do that many miles so the warranty might run out before :(

·
Registered
2,983 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
my vxr has had the same issue, i pick it back up tomorrow from vauxhall after them having it a week, they have tryed blaming it on a fuel regulator vaccume pipe haha
how the hell that and a gearbox can be linked i have no idea haha, but ive said ill take it round the block if its the same you will be having the car back as your able to cancel any deal within
14 working days..
i spoke to them and said if i was to take it to courtaney sport to have the bearings replaced with stronger ones weather it would void my warrenty and they said yes.. cant understand how making
something better can void it,
im trying to push for it to be done under warrenty and they are now starting to come around the idea and its all starting to look good! hope you have the same outcome mate!

·
Registered
91 Posts
when i had my astra vxr and had the gearbox whine 1 night, spoke to local vauxhall dealer where i had it from, they told me i would have to fork out for the gearbox to be inspected and if no fault was found i
would have to stump up around £1200, if a fault was found they would pay,
got rid of it soon after

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bare in mind you have the right to reject the vehicle under the SALE OF GOODS ACT(unfit for purpose),and a FULL refund.

·
Registered
75 Posts
seriously debating this sales of goods act
cars been in vx now atleast 7/8 times and ive had the thing 2 months just over

1 - 10 of 10 Posts