Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the two bucket method with my limited edition when washing car. Do I still use this method with
cleaning VXR? I always polish and wax if get time and weather.
Also need help on clean 18" alloys as they are diamond cut and do not want to scratch them when
cleaning what is the best method??

Thank you (sorry to bore you)

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Two bucket method stands for any car :) clean the wheels the same way and you'll be fine :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yes still do the 2 bucket method.
You don't have to polish every time tho ideally every 3-4 months by hand or machine polish 6 months.
Always Glaze and wax tho to add protection as long as your paint is clean from containments
I would get a decent wheel brush and I use bilberry wheel cleaner and iron x to make sure they are clean
Also a good pressure washer is useful

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes still do the 2 bucket method.
You don't have to polish every time tho ideally every 3-4 months by hand or machine polish 6 months.
Always Glaze and wax tho to add protection as long as your paint is clean from containments
I would get a decent wheel brush and I use bilberry wheel cleaner and iron x to make sure they are clean
Also a good pressure washer is useful
Thank you

·
Registered
14,154 Posts
Lyndale avenue you know it?
Yes I do, just off Bridal road. I live up by Arrowe Park Hostpital/ Champions but I work out from Candy Factory & another behind the Bromborough Asda

·
Registered
14,154 Posts
Yeah that's right. Cool who u work for?
Homemakers North West Group (Tile World, Tile Supermarket, All That Furniture, Mersey Bouncy Castles, HNW Transport - The Arm I work for)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the same alloys on my vxr and I jet wash all the grime and grit off the alloys inside and out then use bilberry wheel cleaner and a 1" detailing brush for the face and the spokes of the alloy and then I use a large EZ detailing brush with warm soapy water as well I spray bilberry on to that too and inside the alloy as well and they come up amazing! And also would recommend sealing them too with an alloy sealant for that extra protection when it next comes to cleaning them and that gleaming shine too!!

Hope that helps! :)
Here's a link to the brush I use! Can't fault it! It may be a little expensive but I can tell you, you will never look back! I haven't! And thought why not ill just buy it! :D
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/ez-detail-brush/prod_480.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the same alloys on my vxr and I jet wash all the grime and grit off the alloys inside and out then use bilberry wheel cleaner and a 1" detailing brush for the face and the spokes of the alloy and then I use a large EZ detailing brush with warm soapy water as well I spray bilberry on to that too and inside the alloy as well and they come up amazing! And also would recommend sealing them too with an alloy sealant for that extra protection when it next comes to cleaning them and that gleaming shine too!!

Hope that helps! :)
Here's a link to the brush I use! Can't fault it! It may be a little expensive but I can tell you, you will never look back! I haven't! And thought why not ill just buy it! :D
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/ez-detail-brush/prod_480.html

Thank you :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts