Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I have been having the issue with the car loosing water. 2 months ago I had the water pump replaced after it collapsed although now I have another water related issue.

Nearly every day I am having to add water to the car as it is loosing it somewhere, although today Ive noted that in the front passenger footwell it was swimming in water. I could see water lying on the mats. A brown colour possible mixed with dirt from the matt. The weather has been torrental here although i dont think it is rain water. Although I can only think its the water from the water tank that has ended up flooding the passenger footwell. I am just wondering how its ended up there and what needs to be done to resolve it.

TIA

·
Registered
576 Posts
So recently I have been having the issue with the car loosing water. 2 months ago I had the water pump replaced after it collapsed although now I have another water related issue.

Nearly every day I am having to add water to the car as it is loosing it somewhere, although today Ive noted that in the front passenger footwell it was swimming in water. I could see water lying on the mats. A brown colour possible mixed with dirt from the matt. The weather has been torrental here although i dont think it is rain water. Although I can only think its the water from the water tank that has ended up flooding the passenger footwell. I am just wondering how its ended up there and what needs to be done to resolve it.

TIA
Hey ewan, sorry to hear your having issues. You need to make sure the water isnt rain wster (even though i agree indont think it is) but becuase its a free check of just sitting in the passenger the seat when it rains. If yountype in corsa wet footwell (youtube), their is a common problem on the corsa C's that you maybe having teo issues., If not it could be a leak in the heater matrix. You can remove the glove box and see if the pipes are wet with coolant.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts

TIA
Any luck with your problem mate? Did you get this problem sorted?.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any luck with your problem mate? Did you get this problem sorted?.

Hi mate,

Chucked radweld in it along with coolant which did the job.... for only a few weeks. Eventually chucked that much in that it goosed the heater matrix and thermostat to the point where the car would only blow cold and the car was no longer loosing water (because stat was shut)

Brand new thermostat and a heater matrix from scrappy fixed the problem so advice to anyone with the similar problem just change the heater matrix and dont gunk it up with radweld or kseal etc.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi mate,

Chucked radweld in it along with coolant which did the job.... for only a few weeks. Eventually chucked that much in that it goosed the heater matrix and thermostat to the point where the car would only blow cold and the car was no longer loosing water (because stat was shut)

Brand new thermostat and a heater matrix from scrappy fixed the problem so advice to anyone with the similar problem just change the heater matrix and dont gunk it up with radweld or kseal etc.
Glad you got it sorted, yes these K seal and radweld products ar eonnreally worth the risk of the car is on its last legs, has a had gasket leak and the value of the car isn't worth the time to do the repair properly. Glad you got it sorted and came back to say what happened

1 - 5 of 5 Posts