Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Rather new to the forum got my corsa d 1.6 sri about a month ago and have come across a pretty scary problem :(, a water leak from the radiator area unsure of where abouts will have to investigate further. The radiator was changed about 3 years ago by vauxhall as the car had a faulty a/c (I've been told common in this model) as a result the mechanics punctured the radiator and it was replaced, unsure the lose of water is a consequence of poor insulation but don't think this has been happening for 3 years any thoughts.
Thanks guys and girls

Alex

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well air conditioning was faulty and was replaced by vauxhall but they damaged the radiator in the process so they replaced that too :/ thought maybe a loose pipe or nackered radiator but its only 3 years old :/
Thanks

·
Registered
515 Posts
Take it to your local garage (none vx as will be cheaper) then they can do a pressure test to see where theirs a leak my rad had a crack that only leaked under really high pressure ended up costing £200 for new 1.

·
Registered
515 Posts
No was goimg to found the rad brand new on ebay for £60 but when started to look in to how kuch work there was didnt have them time as if youve not done anythink like it before it a whole days wrk and idealy 2 person job

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
515 Posts
If u do look for the rad urself be carful cus some have differnt outlets even tho if may say for your car on the description just double check mate

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah okay cheers any chance you could link me the radiator you got? Got a mechanic friend who could help me fit one, tried some radweild and that hasn't worked :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, 59 registered 2010 1.6 t a/c with a remap if that makes any difference. Would that be why the radiator is dead? Because its had a vxr 192 remap. (That may be a really stupid question haha)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts