Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm surprised no-one else seems to have posted about this, so here goes!

I've got a hire corsa, I normally drive a C but they've given me a D (and I hate it, but that's just because I miss my C :) ) The one thing that puzzles me apart from how to work the wipers properly is why I sometimes hear a little bong noise when I put the handbrake on. It's a bit like when you leave the boot open or something, just a single noise, and I just can't work it out.

It doesn't seem to be related to what gear I'm in, whether I'm completely stopped, or anything. Does anyone else get this, or know what it is? The manual is no help, mine seems to have the "weird bong noises" section omitted ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the "bong" noise is triggered when the handbrake is applied when the car is still in motion i.e still rolling slightly,

test it by having your foot firmly on the foot brake then apply the handbrake

Tom

·
Registered
128 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the "bong" noise is triggered when the handbrake is applied when the car is still in motion i.e still rolling slightly,

test it by having your foot firmly on the foot brake then apply the handbrake

Tom
Thats correct, if it's doing it when the car is at a standstill then there must be a fault.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Sure you are taking the hand brake off properely???, Mine has done it only because i hadnt pushed it all the way down. Wrong place to say you hate the d also haha

Sorry for saying same thing guys, Hadnt refreshed the thread

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
callum I know, I am trying to be nice to the D but it's replaced my beloved C which is all bashed and sad so you can't blame me for resenting the big ugly brute...

...oops did I say that out loud?

lol nah seriously it's a good car, but it's just not me :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
callum I know, I am trying to be nice to the D but it's replaced my beloved C which is all bashed and sad so you can't blame me for resenting the big ugly brute...

...oops did I say that out loud?

lol nah seriously it's a good car, but it's just not me :)
I couldnt wait to get rid of my C to replace it with my beautiful D!!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
the bongs happen if/when the handbrake is left on when car is in motion.. the same happens in the astra i got :|

and it does the same when the door is open with the keys in the igition as well :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
the bongs happen if/when the handbrake is left on when car is in motion.. the same happens in the astra i got :|

and it does the same when the door is open with the keys in the igition as well :)
And when you open the boot with the engine runing

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Basically the d "bongs" at anything that is anything, Bong'd at me for not tying me shoeloaces once!!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
This thread's like the news at ten, BONG, BONG , BONG......... :lol:

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
And you get beeped at if you drive over 20mph without your seatbelt on! There's that many bongs and beeps!!!
Lol, I thought it just binged after you moved so far without a seatbelt on?

I remember when I first picked up the car. It was fine, until me, and the missus went to Sunderland. I was reading the booklet, and messing around with things (As you do), when all of a sudden, Tracey came back, I started up the engine, and started to drive.

"Bing, bing, bing!"

I looked at the dash, and it said "Open", and I got confused. So I ended up opening the doors, and closing them, but it was still on, then I sat for a few minutes, and went over what things I messed about with, then went again, but the binging was still there.

Turns out the boot was shut, but not shut properly lol.

Stupid things.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"Bing, bing, bing!"

I looked at the dash, and it said "Open", and I got confused. So I ended up opening the doors, and closing them, but it was still on, then I sat for a few minutes, and went over what things I messed about with, then went again, but the binging was still there.

Turns out the boot was shut, but not shut properly lol.
Yeah I did exactly that... took me a ocupple of mins to work that one out. At least yours said "open", mine just bonged at me until I could work it out! It should make a bong from the area of the car where the problem is, so from the boot for boot open, or from the seatbelt if you're not strapped in. Then at least you'd have half a chance of sorting it!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
the seatbelt one is because i swear there are sensors in the seats to detect when someone os sitting in them..

I only thought of this as it started "bonging" at me when my mate undid his seatbelt earlier :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts