Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as a few of you know I lost my license for 9 months, now I have only had my corsa 17 months so I can't hand it back for 13 months,

I have spoken to finance company and to evd the policy they would take my car plus 3k so that's not an option,

do you know other options?

should I keep it?

Would sitting for 9 months do it harm?

thanks in advance :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
531 Posts
My cars been sitting for over a year now and theres no real harm, occasionally the battery runs flat if it's really cold and hasn't been started for weeks but if you let it run for about 30 mins every week shouldn't have a problem. The only other thing is brakes... My bro just takes mine round the neighbourhood every month or so to keep the brakes working. It isn't extremely healthy for the car but it works, especially if you have no way of driving it

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all depends on how much you love the car i suppose , gutted about losing your licence or should i ask how lol ?

stupid mistake lol

My cars been sitting for over a year now and theres no real harm, occasionally the battery runs flat if it's really cold and hasn't been started for weeks but if you let it run for about 30 mins every week shouldn't have a problem. The only other thing is brakes... My bro just takes mine round the neighbourhood every month or so to keep the brakes working. It isn't extremely healthy for the car but it works, especially if you have no way of driving it
really that's really helpful thanks mate well probably best to keep it snd hope she is alright

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sell the car sort, take out another loan to pay the rest of the finance off. Even if you keep it you won't get insured for less then 4k. Stupid mistake means drink driving or dangerous driving. I know someone who was done for drink driving age 22 after the ban expired the guy couldn't get insured on 1 litre micro worth 1.2 k for less then £3500.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sell the car sort, take out another loan to pay the rest of the finance off. Even if you keep it you won't get insured for less then 4k. Stupid mistake means drink driving or dangerous driving. I know someone who was done for drink driving age 22 after the ban expired the guy couldn't get insured on 1 litre micro worth 1.2 k for less then £3500.

you clearly know nothing did you just say the first figure that came into your head,

got banned for leaving the scene of an accident

FYI my insurance will rise £25 per month

·
Registered
489 Posts
No not figure from thin air it was only one of 4 places that would give a quote.

Well if I know nothing why is it I'm the one a license. I'm not the pussy boy who ran back to mummy and daddy hoping they will fix it. Lets be honest you caused a serious accident to get banned this ain't some minor scrape in a car park you drove off from.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cut your losses pal
yes all make mistakes, need to move on, will cause damage on short runs, just collecting water on your drive.
insurance may be more expensive, don't know how much can imagine would increase!

·
Registered
69 Posts
to be fair evilfish it's none of you business what the guy done so why bother having a dig at him? you answered his question so leave it at that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts