Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having to fork out £250 for a new wiring harness and heater resister. Majorly ****ed off! Should be covered under warranty. Like I knew this was gonna happen. Aholes.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Isn't your car an 07 reg?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Take it you bought an extended warranty plan? Where'd you buy the car from?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Pretty sure wiring isn't covered under VX warranty. It's pretty pointless tbh, i thought it would be a great thing when i bought my car but reading all the terms and conditions and what it covers it just isn't all that great. You'd be better off going to a different garage and pay for it to be done properly anyway because from what i've heard vauxhall don't do that good a job on repairs. Unless you have one of the few good vx garages near you :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's Autocare1. Valid until November. Bought it from Arnold Clark in Glenrothes. Had the phone call today to say they checked the car (5 minutes after I left and charged £40 quid) to say that it's not covered under warranty and I'll have to pay

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Take it elsewhere..

Unless it's the FULL heater harness that's burnt (which I doubt) there's a repair section for the harness which is around £25 & the resistor is about £30

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aye a wont be getting them to do it, esp. at the garage near me. Arnold clark have a bad rep there. **** them lol.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Find out the full diagnosis and PM me, can sort that out for you for a fair bit cheaper :up:

·
Registered
531 Posts
If youre too nice people walk all over you, gotta make a fuss to get what you want. If you get the police involved because of your fuss youre doing it wrong :icon_razz:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It's Autocare1. Valid until November. Bought it from Arnold Clark in Glenrothes. Had the phone call today to say they checked the car (5 minutes after I left and charged £40 quid) to say that it's not covered under warranty and I'll have to pay
LOL there a total rip in there mate I nearly bought ma corsa fae them gave them £100 deposit but thankfully saw sense and went to Peter vardy wi a much better deal

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
There's only so far you can get being reasonable and polite.
this.
vx can take adv of any customer, when the coilpack in my '10 corsa packed up and we took it back to get changed under warrenty, they said my dad had to pay like £200, he was like dafuq why should i, vx wouldnt let us take the car back until my bro turned up and kicked off to the manager and got it changed for FREE as it should of been

1 - 20 of 38 Posts