Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
If youre too nice people walk all over you, gotta make a fuss to get what you want. If you get the police involved because of your fuss youre doing it wrong :icon_razz:
The police things his failed joke to do with another thread, trying to be a smart ass

·
Registered
531 Posts
I guessed that from the start, but i don't look at every single post on here so didn't see it, i just put it as a side note to my otherwise valid point, people will walk all over you if youre too nice

·
Registered
531 Posts
Like when i went to get my car they tried to fool me out of the lifetime warranty lol, thought that cause i was being all nice about the car that i'd go along with everything they said when they told me that ex demo cars don't have the lifetime warranty even when the car was advertised with it. So many people woulda gone along with that tho, was only cause i kicked up a fuss that they stopped trying to trick me out of it. Also got me £500 off the already lowered price lol :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
no point it states on VX website that its not covered. I can get a resistor for 20 quid al find someone to wire the rest!

·
Registered
282 Posts
being nice and polite gets you know where majority of the time these days and especially in Manchester! be nice if it did but acting like a mad man in the showroom will get results lol does for me..

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
You bought this car from Arnold Clark? Sorry but that says it all!

·
Banned
16,562 Posts
lol @ some of the attitudes in here.

Get the infromation on the warranty out (you should have booklet, if not ask for one) or phone Autocare

if your problem is not in the book, its not covered, tuff luck ,welcome to the world of motoring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put up a few photos on the vauxhall facebook page (trips with your vauxhall)
Of my trip to MOT station with photos of a rusty and holed sub frame
Didn't take long for them to get me to message them with details
Few messages later and only being offered 40% off my bill
May try for more if i can be bothered jumping through more hoops

·
Registered
4 Posts
Roughly £1500 for new subframe and discs and pads
Another 700 for advisory stuff
They know how to kick you hard 😖

·
Registered
81 Posts
I found your other thread on this (below), how much is it worth bearing in mind the ECU problems the Diesels can have (in the other thread)

At 60% you are looking at a minimum of £1300 and that may be before they add VAT, it might be worth looking for another car.

Got a 12 plate 1.3 diesel with a rotten subframe which has failed it's MOT
Tried to claim with the 100,000 mile warranty.
Surprise !
It's not covered by warranty , but vauxhall have offerd 40% off the bill to replace it after a few messages to them.
Has anyone had a similar problem with them ?
What was the out come ?
Largest component on the car and it is not fit for purpose ,substandard anti corrosion coating (had older cars that looked a lot better than what i see under the corsa )
Any help on this would be much appreciated

21 - 38 of 38 Posts