Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have a corsa d limited 1.2
The wheels are scraping on full lock
At the moment it has 17 wheels
The tyre is
215 45 17
I wonder do I need smaller tyre or wheel spacers ..
The back wheels seem fine

·
Registered
134 Posts
They probably wont be vxr wheels as im sure the smaller engine cars were all 4 stud and the 1.6t/1.7td are 5 stud , hopefully someone with a set of 17s can let you know what profile there tyres are !

have you got a photo of the wheels on the car ?

·
Registered
134 Posts
When i look on ebay all the 17”corsa d alloys for sale have the same tyre size as you have , does it rub on full lock in either direction, thinking possible wheel liner loose or incorrectly fitted ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes both sides I took the wheel off and could see the mark behind where it catches the inner isn't loose , I just fitted new wishbones and I expected to be resolved after but it wasn't,, I shall take a picture

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They do look exactly the same as these
On ebay advertised as corsa d limited alloys , but I notice the ones in the advert 2 are rounded tyres and 2 are square that maybe why

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,504 Posts
If both sides are catching in the same place in each wheel arch it suggests a small spacer 3mm?? may be needed, if it’s catching on one wheel and not the other then there’s something bent or out of line, if it was a gradual deterioration over time then it’ll be wear, if the car has said hello to a kerb or a pothole then any half way decent tyres place should be able to sort the tracking/wheel alignment out for you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If i was you i would go get my wheel alignment checked at a reputable tyre centre,something that should be done after changing suspension components anyway.

had mine done recently after getting new tyres fitted cost £15.00

you could possibly have other suspension problems but i good technician will be able to tell if there is worn bushes/parts

the wheel liner may be fitted correctly but has deformed over time you didn’t mention if this is a new problem or something you have only just noticed this and after all that ive got no other ideas lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I recently purchased the car like this ..
It was scraping on full lock both sides ..
So I took for mot it failed on wishbones so replaced but the full lock still scrapes ,, when I was doing the jobs I noticed the mark on inner arch where it had been touching ...I thought maybe the spacers are missing or maybe because the tyres are square profile not rounded ..
I shall take It to the tyre place but thought maybe it was something obvious I'm unaware of .. spacers are cheap enough but I wouldn't like to do that only to discover I am no better off

·
Registered
134 Posts
Spacers probably would stop it rubbing but its kind of masking a problem that shouldn’t be happening. speak to the tyre shop and let us know how you get on

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,504 Posts
A simple way to find out would be out front to back and back ones on front, at least that’ll tell you if it’s tyres or suspension.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts