Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(i know another tread by me, haha!) Once i get my New Corsa Sxi, i'll be taking to Luss or Helensburgh! Just Luv the country roads, and it gives you a real chance to open "her" up and see what "shes" made of on all those fast twisty road's! But i think it should only be done at night tho, so it's just you and the road!
What about you's, where's you favorite place to break-in your new set of wheels???

·
Registered
128 Posts
Country roads are always fun. I've got just under 800 on the clock now and in a couple of weeks I will be taking it on it's longest run yet, Blackpool to Cambridge and back again. A nice round trip of approx 450 miles, It's a business trip as well so the mileage claim will be nice!

Will be a good chance to see what MPG I get on a good long motorway run in 6th gear.

·
Registered
415 Posts
my cars first trip was down to billing aquadrome for the VBOA Rally

·
Registered
38 Posts
Chris take her down the Loch Long road it will show you how she grips the road, then back around Loch Lomond to open her up just a we bit.... on the DC

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im doing a business trip in my car in a few weeks from bolton to cambridge as well so that should take me over my 1000 miles, like samP said to its a nice way to get some money back from the mileage.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Took mine on the M77 down to Girvan to visit my parents. Ace fun on the back roads south of Ayr.... Motorway was good - cruise control = very handy!

Also have been up as far as Stirling in it, which was good too - nice weather, straight roads :lol:

Got 1400 miles on it so far.... last trip got 40.9 MPG, not bad for a 1.4 Auto :doublethumbs:

Andrew

·
Registered
989 Posts
first port of call is pick up the girlfriend from work erm then i dont know where ill be going then probably to pick all my mates up to show off how much faster it is than a 1.2 oh and the leather seats ha ha

·
Registered
66 Posts
How do you know about being able to do 100mph and there not being any cops/cameras around then? :doublethumbs: :p

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
How do you know about being able to do 100mph and there not being any cops/cameras around then? :doublethumbs: :p
I did it in a dream before. :)

Sat nav tells me there's no camera's, and my eyes shows me that there's no coppers about. Sat nav also tells you the speed, which is a bit out in the speedo.

Remember though, this was all in a dream...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts