Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have wired up my new sub and amp to a tutorial on here and dont know where to ground the amp. on here it says in the side pnel that clips off there are 2 white bolts and to connect it to on of these, i have done that and get no power at the amp. it looks like around the bolt it has like foam and this obviously would make it not work. where can i ground the amp to? i dont really want to drill any holes.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah, you take off the side panels and you'll have a bit of metal held in with two bolts, this is what holds your seat in, so undo the bolts, attach the earth wire to the bolts and nip it tight again.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ill post a picture of where I grounded mine works perfectly and no messing about with the seat screws

·
Registered
424 Posts
i have wired up my new sub and amp to a tutorial on here and dont know where to ground the amp. on here it says in the side pnel that clips off there are 2 white bolts and to connect it to on of these, i have done that and get no power at the amp. it looks like around the bolt it has like foam and this obviously would make it not work. where can i ground the amp to? i dont really want to drill any holes.
Right this is how it looks like from the outside:

Then when the plastic part is taken off what I done was sand down the paint where you can see so got a perfect ground point and put a bolt and nut through attached with the earth point

Hope this helps

·
Registered
424 Posts
That looks stupid IMO
Ground it to the rear seat belt bolts, therefore you cant see it and ive never had any problems with it there in either of my cars ive had audio in
Couldnt find a torq bit big enough to fit the rear seat so i done it that way. It dont really make a difference either that you can see it because its still tidy. Ive got my sub fitted for the sound of it not for the looks. My boot is closed 99.9% of the time so i cant even see it, if it bothered me that much i would change it loso not that silly

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Couldnt find a torq bit big enough to fit the rear seat so i done it that way. It dont really make a difference either that you can see it because its still tidy. Ive got my sub fitted for the sound of it not for the looks. My boot is closed 99.9% of the time so i cant even see it, if it bothered me that much i would change it loso not that silly
Fair enough mate, each to there own

1 - 12 of 12 Posts