Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I know a lot of this is down to matter of opinion, but I was hoping to buy a couple of products a month to build a good collection of cleaning and detailing products, could I get some suggestions on which brand I should go for?

I know Auto-Glym is pretty good, but I've seen 'Poor boys' as well? Which I have no clue about.

Even types of cloths would be good too?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am a novice but Maguires i quite like and poorboy's wheel wax i have heard is good for alloy wheels, snow lance kits are good. i only have microfibre cloths which are not the best you are probably better with a mit and some leather chamois. I like my Autoglym Kit my ex bought me.

feel free to correct me if i am wrong :)

-Max

·
Registered
464 Posts
You should come to our open day Saturday 16th 9.00 - 2.00pm

Plenty of offers and one off deals and you get to see the products being used on a demo car, and our good friend a detailer of 15yrs and the owner of Autobrite Direct will be there to help and advise on all your car care needs.

Also our friend Nick of polished perfection a very good detailer who details Ferrari's and lambo's will also be at our unit helping out and answering questions.

Plus you get to see just how good the products we sell truly are ;)

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Don't use a chamois. Use a drying towel and microfibres clothes.

Also agree with Dan, I use Poorboys, chemical Guys, Gtechniq, Dodo Juice. Any of those are very good products to use.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a novice but Maguires i quite like and poorboy's wheel wax i have heard is good for alloy wheels, snow lance kits are good. i only have microfibre cloths which are not the best you are probably better with a mit and some leather chamois. I like my Autoglym Kit my ex bought me.

feel free to correct me if i am wrong :)

-Max
Thank you mate!

Don't bother with autoglym.

Poor boys
Chemical guys
Gtechniq
Dodo juice
Werkstat

There's loads to choose from :)
Thanks mate! Any particular reason to avoid Auto-glym?

You should come to our open day Saturday 16th 9.00 - 2.00pm

Plenty of offers and one off deals and you get to see the products being used on a demo car, and our good friend a detailer of 15yrs and the owner of Autobrite Direct will be there to help and advise on all your car care needs.

Also our friend Nick of polished perfection a very good detailer who details Ferrari's and lambo's will also be at our unit helping out and answering questions.

Plus you get to see just how good the products we sell truly are ;)
Thanks! Where abouts is this?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't use a chamois. Use a drying towel and microfibres clothes.

Also agree with Dan, I use Poorboys, chemical Guys, Gtechniq, Dodo Juice. Any of those are very good products to use.
Why not use a Chamois? (Sorry for 21 questions everyone :hmmm:)

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Why not use a Chamois? (Sorry for 21 questions everyone :hmmm:)
They hold the dirt and very fine grit can get into the chamois and as you dry a panel you might find small scratches from it. Get a drying towel, so much nicer and they're easier to work with too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They hold the dirt and very fine grit can get into the chamois and as you dry a panel you might find small scratches from it. Get a drying towel, so much nicer and they're easier to work with too.
Makes sense! Thanks a lot, Definitely learnt a lot, glad I posted this.

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Makes sense! Thanks a lot, Definitely learnt a lot, glad I posted this.
No problem. Need anymore help drop me a pm mate I'm getting into detailing a lot in the next few weeks so buying plenty of products so can tell you while it's still fresh in my mind.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem. Need anymore help drop me a pm mate I'm getting into detailing a lot in the next few weeks so buying plenty of products so can tell you while it's still fresh in my mind.
Thank you, I really appreciate it! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Autoglym are ok if you know what you want out of a product the HD Wax is very good value however the SRP is not for me as contains fillers

Gtecniq / Swisswax / Zymol - Are premium brands

Autofinesse / Dodo Juice / Poorboys / Chemical Guys mid range which offer good value

Microfibre for a polishing cloth or removal of dry products
Weave Towell - for wet products.
Bordeless Blonde towells are one of the best out there but very rare

·
Registered
464 Posts
We stock the following brands :-

Autobrite Direct ( Supreme stockists )
MER car shine technology
Muc-off car care
Autoglym

1 - 20 of 22 Posts