Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this may be a repost, mods feel free to delete it

but was wondering if we could get a list that everybody can join in and comment if your car has passed with HIDS in,
along with the date
and if they was relfector or projector housing

as i really cba to take my hids out for the corsas first mot coming up next month

·
Best Corsa 2013 Feature Car
2,286 Posts
Any car fitted with hids after factory will pass the MOT as long as they have a beam pattern. Even if they dnt have self levellers or washers.

But if a merc or any other car fitted with them from factory went for mot and the pattern was correct but the levellers or washers didn't work it will fail.

I know this as I'm a tester and recently went to an mot seminar where someone asked the question and that was the answer given,

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers pottsi, my dad wants me to take the car to dealer to get its MOT but i know theyll be arsey so getting it from local guy, as for beam pattern does it mean you need a sharp cut off? cause hids in reflectors have total ****e beam pattern imo compared to projectors

·
2,286 Posts
You need a kick up yeh mate, but also it passes even with a flat line. I had Hids in my old D with reflectors and they had a kick up. Where you getting it tested Notts or Birmingham ?

I'm only dwn the road from notts ;)

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need a kick up yeh mate, but also it passes even with a flat line. I had Hids in my old D with reflectors and they had a kick up. Where you getting it tested Notts or Birmingham ?

I'm only dwn the road from notts ;)
i could get it tested in both, my cars in notts now and is majority of the time :lol:
ill book it with you if youre free closer to the time :lol:

·
2,286 Posts
Let me know. And I'll see what I can can do :)

·
2,286 Posts
Ok buddy nice on :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is the best and most simple reply I've ever seen to this issue people worry about!

Any car fitted with hids after factory will pass the MOT as long as they have a beam pattern. Even if they dnt have self levellers or washers.

But if a merc or any other car fitted with them from factory went for mot and the pattern was correct but the levellers or washers didn't work it will fail.

I know this as I'm a tester and recently went to an mot seminar where someone asked the question and that was the answer given,

·
2,286 Posts
Ha cheers buddy. Still get the know it alls who say otherwise and drag a page up off a site which hasn't been updated in about 20 years haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts