Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best shade to get? Really want it dark so it looks good but enough to be able to see out of it?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Legally 30% if am right for the first side two buddy,,, or is it 17%,, lol, Jesus memory like a old man,,

70% is good for the back

·
Registered
827 Posts
ive just bought some limmo black. It doesnt look too dark when I hold it out but I have a feeling it is going to be too dark for what I want. But hey ho if I can get it on ok it will have saved me over £100 :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers man.

Have a feeling limo is going to be too dark to see out of when reversing? Tinting company I am going to use do a 20% which I hope is dark enough. Added some dark smoke myself from eBay which says it's a 15% but it's not that dark at all to be honest.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive just bought some limmo black. It doesnt look too dark when I hold it out but I have a feeling it is going to be too dark for what I want. But hey ho if I can get it on ok it will have saved me over £100 :)
I did my two sides without any problem at all but the rear was a nightmare so gave up haha tis why I am getting it done professionally.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have medium tint on the rear and back and a light smoke on the front and can see out no problem at night.Limo in my opinion is too dark as you cant see out the back on a night.
The reason you couldn't do the back window is because of the curve.It has to be heat shrunk,too hot and it burns.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have dark smoke but sometimes I wish id have had limo as it would have tied in much better with black roof e.t.c..
I suppose it depends on what kind of look your after. I wouldn't worry about them been too dark or not as you'll get used to it eventually just like driving a van :p
Its personal preference :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have dark smoke but sometimes I wish id have had limo as it would have tied in much better with black roof e.t.c..
I suppose it depends on what kind of look your after. I wouldn't worry about them been too dark or not as you'll get used to it eventually just like driving a van :p
Its personal preference :D
That's what I was thinking, love the blacked-out look but would rather I could see out the back enough. Have a feeling limo would be too dark from the inside, definitely the look I'd want on the outside though!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for posting that mate, looks nice! you please with the backs?

Wish they didn't have that thick bevel around the rear windows, would look so much better if they were fully tinted.

And get cleaning haha

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I would of liked the backs to be limo but I thought it would be too dark and ano it looks cheaply done with the bittound the side, and I used poor boys QD+ on it the other day but just that busy in work all the time can't clean it properly need to use the works steam cleaner to clean it
Thanks for posting that mate, looks nice! you please with the backs?

Wish they didn't have that thick bevel around the rear windows, would look so much better if they were fully tinted.

And get cleaning haha

·
Registered
642 Posts
I got limo on my back 3 and I can see out it fine when reversing, dunno why people think its too dark to see out of its fine :shrug:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts