Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 12 plate corsa Sxi and i dont know if its a fault but ive gone out to my car a few times n both front windows have been down about 2-3 inch. Done this a few times. Anyone else had this prob? Ive got it booked into local vauxhall dealer next week

·
Registered
691 Posts
I Have a 12 plate corsa Sxi and i dont know if its a fault but ive gone out to my car a few times n both front windows have been down about 2-3 inch. Done this a few times. Anyone else had this prob? Ive got it booked into local vauxhall dealer next week
This happens when it thinks something is blocking it from going up, in case someone trapped their fingers or whatever. It happens all the time if you don't fit wind deflectors properly. Otherwise it might be a fault somewhere so taking it to the dealership is the right thing to do.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
First and Simplest Question, do you have wind deflectors?

If so, there's your problem and you'll need to get the clips fitted in to support them being held in and reduce the likelihood of the safety feature kicking in.

If the problem persists, putting the window up in increments slowly will be your key till they bed in :) hopefully this solves the issue.

Also could be if you hold the open button for a few seconds too long the feature of Global Opening of the Windows will kick in, and vice versa of you hold the Lock Button on your key, the reverse happens.

·
Super Moderator
3,961 Posts
A small possibility could be when you hold your open button down too long on your remote. It opens the windows

·
Registered
637 Posts
The fob trick works on most Vauxhalls, if rear electric windows are present these will operate too. Even on a mid-nineties Cavalier turning the lock in a certain way activated the windows!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 08 plate and my windoes do fully down, the temp todsy is 28 degrees im sure its a safty issue

1 - 14 of 14 Posts