Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with the front wipers on our 2008 Corsa, the driver's side arm is causing the blade to not only are they hit the side of the window frame but also the plastic scuttle plate below the window. It wont do it when the window is dry but when the screen is wet it does it with ease. It would seem to me that the wipers have been switched on when frozen to the screen but no one is owning up.... I have changed the linkage on the off chance it would fix the problem but it made no difference. It seems impossible to me that it can hit both the frame and the scuttle plate as its an arm on the bottom of a motor moving in a circle but it does. Any suggestions before I shell out on a whole new set up? I have thought about shortening the arm on the bottom of the motor to make the travel on the linkage shorter.

Thanks

·
Feature Alloy Wheel 2014
402 Posts
Go to VX if you still have warranty, it's your wiper linkage. It'll be worn. Put your washers on, put wipers to full speed if hits side of window and scuttle panel your linkage is worn and will be warranty mate. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I have replaced the linkage arms with the upgraded ones you can buy on ebay in the hope that it would sort the problem but no joy, I will bite the bullet and see if I can pick up a second hand uit. Any idea if I need the motor as well or just the linkage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts