Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have recently bought my first car at 17, which is a 2013 Corsa D 1.4, SRI which is stock at 98bhp, doing 0-60 in 11.9 seconds.

What I am wanting to know, is if it is worth doing various performance mods? I don't know the slightest thing about modding/tuning cars but I am very interested to learn. I plan to keep this car for around 5-6ish years, so I don't mind spending a fair £ on it. Can anyone tell me whether it is worth doing any remapping, forging, exhaust systems, cold air intake etc. I know it isn't a turbo so won't get the biggest gains but I would like to push it as much as possible/

I would've loved to have bought a VXR but at this age insurance was through the roof, so if anyone can tell ma whether it is worth modifying my SRI, or any mods that will give me noticeable performance increases.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Save the money for a faster car.
would've loved to have bought a VXR but at this age insurance was through the roof
Had my 1.2 done (check my previous posts)

A friend has their 1.4 SE done too, I drove it first with the remap, and then after with it taken off (they didn't like the fuel consumption) and the difference noticeable. Pulled much better and was an increase of 11/12BHP. Nothing big but something you would notice when driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just like the difference between 1.2 and 1.4 is noticeable but very little between them. Both slow for the power.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Go down the air filter, cone if you must, although you’ll end up driving it to the sound of it, get a free flowing exhaust from long life or power flow and then get a good service done on it, use decent oil and fuel,get to a proper garage and have it’s software updated to the mods and you won’t go far wrong, if you start and chase power you’ll only end up emptying your wallet so like most are saying, look after this one, get a bit of driving experience and insurance no claims built up and make the next one something special, or keep this one right and in 20 years sell it as a classic, look at the price of novas now, they’re like rocking horse 💩 !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go down the air filter, cone if you must, although you’ll end up driving it to the sound of it, get a free flowing exhaust from long life or power flow and then get a good service done on it, use decent oil and fuel,get to a proper garage and have it’s software updated to the mods and you won’t go far wrong, if you start and chase power you’ll only end up emptying your wallet so like most are saying, look after this one, get a bit of driving experience and insurance no claims built up and make the next one something special, or keep this one right and in 20 years sell it as a classic, look at the price of novas now, they’re like rocking horse 💩 !
What would be a good air filter that you would recommend I use?

I have found 2 which I like the look of and have seen other people use, which of these is better? And if there is one better than both, what is it?
Ramair filter
K&N filter

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Go down the cheaper route if you go cone filter as if you find it’s to noisy for you you’ll curse the day you ever paid for the rotten noisy thing, have a word with Courtney autos or regal as they should be able to give you a better idea of what might and might not be suitable for you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What would be a good air filter that you would recommend I use?

I have found 2 which I like the look of and have seen other people use, which of these is better? And if there is one better than both, what is it?
Ramair filter
K&N filter
I’ve had the K&N material style cone but now have the soft Ramair style.

I don’t think there’s enough difference, most of that price difference probably comes from advertising and research of the K&N brand, maybe even after care?

There’s more of a difference in cone filter vs panel filter which both companies do. The panel filter would probably be a better option for performance/consumption since it’ll use the existing air system, unlike the cone filter which would take it all air including probably some hot air with it being next to the engine.Though despite this I still have the cone filter since I liked the sound 🤷‍♂️

1 - 9 of 9 Posts