Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wrote car off about 5 weeks ago and insurance said they replace it however havnt heard anything at all i know its probly not common but has this ever happed to any1 else and how long until you got the replacement car seen so they said they would just replace the car like for like :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did ring them they said were looking for them now at arnold clarke or lookers however i found one exact the same as old one with the touch nav in and they wouldnt let me go through that garage even though it was a genuine vauxhall garage the only deal with arnold clarke or lookers now they said its passed back to engineer and he looking for cars its been 5 weeks without car :(

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
i did ring them they said were looking for them now at arnold clarke or lookers however i found one exact the same as old one with the touch nav in and they wouldnt let me go through that garage even though it was a genuine vauxhall garage the only deal with arnold clarke or lookers now they said its passed back to engineer and he looking for cars its been 5 weeks without car :(
Not happy.. Make a complaint.

·
Premium Member
6,300 Posts
Surely you paid the effing insurance can't you decide where you wan't to get it from?! Give em ****!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but where is the complaint going to go its will most likely just delay the process they said they would ring in morning but its becoming beyond a joke now :(

·
Registered
727 Posts
No courtesy car :O

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
but where is the complaint going to go its will most likely just delay the process they said they would ring in morning but its becoming beyond a joke now :(
Doesnt delay it at all. If anything they will speed up the process to avoid it becoming justified causing issues to any SLA's.

(I work for insurance companies btw)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
orite will put complain in and no didnt get courtesy car for some reason i will put complain in when they ring in morning and hopefully will speed this up and i wouldnt dare take the price they offered me they only offered 8.5k for it and i would like to find same car for that 12 plate white le with sat nav screen bluetooth and handsfree fitted

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Complain anyway, and unless you had Courtesy Car cover on your policy your insurance company wouldn't give you a car if it was your fault.

·
Registered
40 Posts
wrote car off about 5 weeks ago and insurance said they replace it however havnt heard anything at all i know its probly not common but has this ever happed to any1 else and how long until you got the replacement car seen so they said they would just replace the car like for like :(
Same thing happened to me mate, crashed my car on 2nd feb 2013, reported to insurance etc. got it recovered to a loacal crash centre think it was nationwide or summat like that. Got told to wait a week for the mechanics report. anyway come monday i got a call from nationwide saying it was a write off £13500 worth of damage and that they were informing the insurance comp and that id hear from the insurance within 48 hours. 5 days passed and nothing so i phoned insurance. turned out they had the report just not phoned me. anyway they decided that cause my car was less than 12months old and had less than 12k on the clock that they'd buy me a replacement car. gave me a list of documents and an address to send it all to. got a call 3 days later saying they were going ahead with the replacment and that id hear from them in a week. a week and a half later id had enough waiting and rang em up, they said they were dealing with a local dealership, rang the dealership and they'd located a car but hadnt thought to phone me. spent a few weeks chasing it up back and forth between dealership and insurance trying to get an invoice sent so the insurance could pay the garage for the car. i did so much chasing im on first name terms with both partys and the two women at the dealership that answer the phones dont even ask me for my number anymore if the sales guy dealing with my car isnt around!!! anyway today i rang up the dealership and i now have a brand new 13plate waiting for me to collect monday!!!

Long story short ; if you dont chase them up youll end up waiting for a month of sundays!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts