Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question,.,, anybody done this yet.. I know all the questions and complication etc that come with it, just want to know if has been done yet. and not on a corsa vxr or corsa c,,, just on a corsa d:)

cheers

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I don't think so due to the fact it would be a massive job cos of the electrical components in the car

Sent from Cadbury world

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Why does it matter if its been done on a vxr already and not just a normal spec? they are the same car at the end of the day all the wiring is the same

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A corsa vxr is a corsa d?!
yeah i know that but different still in many ways,,, mine is a 1.2.. in my eyes a corsa vxr is different thats why am asking if has been done on a non corsa d 1.6t

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a corsa d vxr with a z20 leh engine
hows it going rich,, I heard you saying it was a proper pain in the ar*e,,, but since it been running any issues. and whats the bhp on it?,,, I can remember you saying £10kish? for the whole thing:)

cheers

·
Registered
291 Posts
I know of 3

Richs

Another guy from Greece with a Arden blue one

And a guy on here had his in with thorney last I knew as he bought my zlet bits off me

From reading what rich has said his was a pain but I think that was more due to the tuner cocking up and screwing rich for what he could

·
4,463 Posts
hows it going rich,, I heard you saying it was a proper pain in the ar*e,,, but since it been running any issues. and whats the bhp on it?,,, I can remember you saying £10kish? for the whole thing:)

cheers
With the complications Rich has unfortunately encountered - I think the £10K budget expired a long time ago....

He took me out for a spin in it a few weeks back - it's absolutely insane power. Loved it.

iirc he said its running 330bhp & 400lb-ft I think, somewhere round there.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I coud manage it for less than 10k I did my old zlet in the corsa c which cost me around 2k including the engine and the mounts all the wiring me and my cousin did so I think if you know what you're doing you could achieve it for not a massive amount of money

·
Registered
563 Posts
I coud manage it for less than 10k I did my old zlet in the corsa c which cost me around 2k including the engine and the mounts all the wiring me and my cousin did so I think if you know what you're doing you could achieve it for not a massive amount of money
it cost me so much cause its been forged and running a standalone ecu, in my opinion i think standalone is the best way to go, flatout shift, antilag, launch control, shift light. best money ive spent

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just meant to do the whole conversion matey obviously once you start upgrading engines and gearboxes and ecu's and also paying labour it all adds up. But just to get a zlet in and driving it would cost 2.5k or about 3k if using the leh

I know myself from my old corsa zlet I spent a fortune on it getting it how I wanted it over 17k all in all

·
Registered
563 Posts
I just meant to do the whole conversion matey obviously once you start upgrading engines and gearboxes and ecu's and also paying labour it all adds up. But just to get a zlet in and driving it would cost 2.5k or about 3k if using the leh

I know myself from my old corsa zlet I spent a fortune on it getting it how I wanted it over 17k all in all
2 1/2 k on decent zleh, custom mounts and shafts, there's 3k, if ur doing it on a 1.2 you will need exhaust, intercooler and so on and so on. people always say it will only cost this amount for this and that but it costs more. believe me

·
Registered
291 Posts
I know it does hence why I said for just fitting an engine and getting it running, I agree for all the little extras you're looking for at an extra 2.5k that's exhaust maybe suspension and brake upgrades depends who you know that can do u good deals

My exhaust only cost me 200 (should have been 750 but due to my friends in the trade) same for suspension I got it at trade price and it was fitted for free brakes I had the custom brembos that was worth 1700 I got for 700 fitted so as I say mate completely depends on who can do stuff,

When mine was in at mpg it was only for my quaife lighter flywheel and race clutch fitting and that's only cos they had to be pre loaded which we didn't have the tools to do it

·
Registered
291 Posts
Me personally though will not Go down the z20 route I have other plans for when I finally get hold of a decent shell

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
late reply so my apologies, anyway waiting for a final reply from warren g, but hopefully car is going in on the 1st or 7th march, pick up end of march and boom fannys your aunt... was goin down the turbo conversion route but warren has convinced me to go down this one,, so from this point onwards i wont be back on the site till its finished,, hopefully see you end of march:) cheers

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
late reply so my apologies, anyway waiting for a final reply from warren g, but hopefully car is going in on the 1st or 7th march, pick up end of march and boom fannys your aunt... was goin down the turbo conversion route but warren has convinced me to go down this one,, so from this point onwards i wont be back on the site till its finished,, hopefully see you end of march:) cheers
Nice mate ill have to pop down to him and see how it's getting on

1 - 20 of 20 Posts