Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yes it does NOT make a noise if it’s stationary and pressing accelerator on a warm engine, It DOES make a sound when revving up to 2000 and higher though, if I’m driving and release the gas pedal it will not squeak, if I press it down lightly it will still not squeak it will only squeak when I’m giving it full power or driving up a steep hill where it’s struggling
It's hard to diagnose would be good to get a longer recording, maybe have a family member lean over and record the sound whilst you safely drive doing a few types of scenarios, e.g dual carriageway and city streets. I would also recommend joinging the "the Corsa" forum and Vauxhall owners network forum to help extend your reach, but I am intrigued to see a longer video.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It's hard to diagnose would be good to get a longer recording, maybe have a family member lean over and record the sound whilst you safely drive doing a few types of scenarios, e.g dual carriageway and city streets. I would also recommend joinging the "the Corsa" forum and Vauxhall owners network forum to help extend your reach, but I am intrigued to see a longer video.

Ok I will do that mate thank you

·
Registered
221 Posts
The more i hear this the more i am convinced its the bearings on one of the pulleys or maybe the water pump (its a total guess) you need to get it looked at ASAP before something goes wrong that costs you a fortune.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The more i hear this the more i am convinced its the bearings on one of the pulleys or maybe the water pump (its a total guess) you need to get it looked at ASAP before something goes wrong that costs you a fortune.
I have a garage booked for it tomorrow I beg they don’t over charge me

·
Registered
221 Posts
Tell them you haven't much money to spend so if its serious you are going to scrap the car If the garage has got a good reputation in the area you'll be fine if not go elsewhere.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have a garage booked for it tomorrow I beg they don’t over charge me
Don't worry your had to much, they can't over charge you for a diagnosis. They will do about 1-2 hours and that will he what ever there hourly rate is. Again it is hard to guage it from moving cars , and from inside car, it is a need it in your own hands or have it do it with you looking in the engine bay. As an educated guess if it wa my customer sending me this I would say, either crank seal or rocker cover breather membrane just going from sound.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Don't worry your had to much, they can't over charge you for a diagnosis. They will do about 1-2 hours and that will he what ever there hourly rate is. Again it is hard to guage it from moving cars , and from inside car, it is a need it in your own hands or have it do it with you looking in the engine bay. As an educated guess if it wa my customer sending me this I would say, either crank seal or rocker cover breather membrane just going from sound.

Yes Everton I have replaced my rocker cover cause I think it was faulty unless I have also sealed it incorrectly or the part is faulty?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have a suspicion it can be the rocker cover or I may have an air leak or a blockage somewhere the rocker cover is not expelling air nor is it sucking air in, when I take out the oil cap there’s an insane vaccum

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have a suspicion it can be the rocker cover or I may have an air leak or a blockage somewhere the rocker cover is not expelling air nor is it sucking air in, when I take out the oil cap there’s an insane vaccum
What made you replace the rocker cover in the first place?

·
Registered
221 Posts
How strange, I have never heard of this problem before and you have had the same problem twice, l hope it's not the same mechanic that replaced the original.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
How strange, I have never heard of this problem before and you have had the same problem twice, l hope it's not the same mechanic that replaced the original.
Do you think it’s the sealant maybe? Wrongly placed or something?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Mechanic said the rocker cover is faulty
Did you get any paper work stating what was deemed as "faulty". Because a rocker cover can only be "faulty" in so many ways: 1) Leaking gasket- but technically this is the gasket failing you wouldn't replace the actual cover for this so this could be ignored. 2) Physically damage to the plastic 3) PCV membrane built into it is damaged.

Was this making the noise before the rocker cover replacement? If not, how long after did it start making the noise after repair? Also quick tip the videos you are doing are great, but leave the phone recording longer on some, try get 30 - 60 secs so can get a good watch

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hi,

the car was squeaking before rocker cover change, it doesn’t not affect performance what so ever it just squeaks really loudly when hitting the throttle all the way down, maybe the sealant was applied badly or wrongly not sure, there is just a vaccum forming whe unscrewing oil cap

21 - 40 of 70 Posts