Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
Any idea what the problem could be?

I have also started to get the same problem on my Corsa. It’s a really annoying, loud squeaking noise when you’re accelerating. It only does it when the car is accelerating whilst warm.

I have also noticed with mine that the higher the rpm you’re accelerating at, the faster the squeaking.

your squeaking in the video sounds just like mine. I also have no loss in power, it’s just a really annoying sound. I thought it may have been an aux belt but not entirely sure. 😢

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Update: today a mechanic did a diagnostic and assumes it’s the gear bearing squeaking after warming up as it has come dry, total cost 290£ for clutch change aswell as he stated it’s pointless doing just the bearing

·
Registered
221 Posts
Update: today a mechanic did a diagnostic and assumes it’s the gear bearing squeaking after warming up as it has come dry, total cost 290£ for clutch change aswell as he stated it’s pointless doing just the bearing
If it was that wouldnt it do it all the time not intermittently, go to another garage and get a second opinion, don't tell them another garage has looked at it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Clutch and gear bearing has been lubed it’s still squeaking -600£ now on repairs

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yeah one said it’s either needing a carbon clean and other said clutch, today I went to pick up the car, now it was squeaking on idle so I was like hmm right ok maybe the engine is too warm today or something, I was driving home and apparently the chain went out of timing, so my car is still squeaking after the clutch replacement and my car is undriveable left at the same garage again

·
Registered
221 Posts
ok maybe the engine is too warm today or something
Having read that I have a awful feeling these mechanics are going to relieve you of may pounds before they finally find the fix, you would have probably been better taking it to the dealers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
these mechanics phoned me up today and discretely said they will take cash when I collect on saturday lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
No they haven’t fixed it yet they doing the timing chain now abs quoted me 120 cash on hand

·
Registered
221 Posts
They said it was either needing a carbon clean and other said clutch, and now its a timing chain, if it was the timing chain it would make the noise all the time not just when you go over bumps, they are taking you to the cleaners they know you don't know much about cars as i said earlier -
Having read that I have a awful feeling these mechanics are going to relieve you of may pounds before they finally find the fix, you would have probably been better taking it to the dealers.
No way are they changing a chain for £120 even if cash in hand the timing chain kit will be most of that unless they are using some cheap crap kit off ebay.

This is why i hate back street garages they are fine if you can find one with a good reputation but a lot of them are nothing better than scammers using the fact the person knows little about the car to rip them off, people laugh wne it is suggested you take the car to Vauxhall i wonder how many people would have saved a lot of money had they done so instead of using shysters to do the work.

/rant over. ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thing is the mechanic ducked my timing chain hence why it’s getting fixed
I think you are being robbed.

I am no mechanic but i have messed about with cars all my life, if that sound is the timing chain i will show my arse in Woolworths window, a timing chain doesn't make a noise when you go over bumps and then settle down it does it all the time here are 3 perfect examples.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
No as in the mechanic broke my timing chain during repair of clutch, and because of that I couldn’t drive home so I left it there getting it tomorrow

·
Registered
221 Posts
No as in the mechanic broke my timing chain during repair of clutch, and because of that I couldn’t drive home so I left it there getting it tomorrow
I am beginning to wonder if this is a wind up.

The clutch is in one end of the gearbox the timing chain is inside the engine how the **** did he manage to break it and if he did he is liable for the repair.

What reason did they give for breaking the timing chain?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Bruh I have no idea the second I took the car back the car is running **** and he said the timing chain just popped out I’m like how????

41 - 60 of 70 Posts